Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Friends Day at the Zoo Necklace


Jim and I are members of the Cocoa Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber holds a Wednesday Friendsday gathering once a month at interesting locations. One I really enjoyed was held at the Brevard County Zoo. The turnout was large and we met so many new friends as well as got to stroll around the Zoo. I wanted to dress for the adventure as many other members did. I designed and made a cute little African animal necklace for the ocassion. I received many nice comments on the necklace and three women asked if I would make and sell one like it. I politely declined due to the many hours Jim and I work. The animal beads are carved from light weight balsa wood and finnished with paint. I chose Swarovski Crystals in beautiful jewel tones to add some sparkle to the necklace. The ear wires for my Elephant ear rings are 12k gold, making them light and easy to ware. I hope to make more fun projects in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment